Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Home

So I'm home from the hospital! Everything went so well with the cerclage that they kept me all day for observation, but then sent me home instead of making me stay overnight. The procedure went great and my OB said they got the stitch really high and tight and everything went perfect. The epidural was just fine and wasn't bad at all. The anticipation was definitely a lot worse than it all really was, but I'm glad it's finally over. I had just a tiny bit of cramping but it was almost gone when I left the hospital and I took some tylenol and feel fine now. I'm lounging on the couch, which is probably where I'll be for the next few days. I was in the recovery room all afternoon and two different women came in with their brand news babies, which was a little difficult. I wish I could pretend that will be me in a few months, but I just can't picture it actually happening. A girl can always dream.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went so well. I was really hoping it would.
    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went so well and that you are at home feeling good!!!
    Amy Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenell,
    I'm glad things went so well! I said many prayers for your yesterday. I know what you mean. I can't picture holding a newborn baby either, let alone bringing one home. I am SO hoping we both bring our babies home this time. :) Have a great weekend resting! :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete