Thursday, March 15, 2012

Prayers Appreciated!

Well, I was definitely expecting a little bit of craziness with this pregnancy, since I'm supposed to get the cerclage in a few weeks, but was really hoping for some smooth sailing! Guess I was a little too optimistic. :) I'll be 11 weeks on Saturday and this past week I started bleeding bright red! I was quite shocked but actually stayed pretty calm and was wondering if maybe I was going to have a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I went to my OB and had an ultrasound and the baby looked great and the heartbeat was strong, which was such a relief! So I was told they don't know why I'm bleeding and to take it easy. Everything was good for about 48 hours and then I had another bleeding episode yesterday. So I'm back to laying on the couch. I honestly am thinking maybe I have a sub chorionic hematoma, but they told me it was too early to tell, which I find interesting because many people are diagnosed with this as early as 5 or 6 weeks. So it just makes me think my doctor's ultrasound machine isn't good enough to see one. Anyway, I already had my high risk appointment scheduled for Monday so I'm hoping they can tell me more after an ultrasound with their high tech equipment. I've never had bleeding in the first trimester before but hey, there's a first for everything right? I've been praying a lot and I am definitely feeling the prayers of others so I know that is giving me peace. I'm just trying to trust in Jesus and am really hoping this baby makes it home this fall! One fear I have is that I don't think I can get a cerclage if I'm bleeding so if this keeps coming, we might be in trouble. Prayers are definitely appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. we're praying. love you so very much, wish I could be there to help out. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete