So then he checked me and I'm 2 cm dilated, which isn't surprising. I was contracting about every 8 minutes but then it went down to every 10 minutes, so they released me. I'm supposed to come back when they're 5 minutes apart, but that could still be weeks away, which is what my OB is hoping. Me...not so much. I think I'm finally ready for him. Honestly though, now I'm terrified of labor. What if I can't do it? I know some people think it's not that important but it is really important to me to bring him into this world without drugs in his system. Yes, I've heard it all and I do know that 'I won't get a medal' and 'there's no reason to suffer', but it's just something that I feel really strongly about for us. I also know the most important thing is that he's alive and he's healthy. If I ask for pain meds or end up with a c-section, I realize it's not the end of the world...but that doesn't mean I won't cry just a little. :)
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Oh how I've longed to hear those words. I never thought I would ever make it to full term and here I am. I'm finally home from the hospital after having the cerclage removed this morning. It took about 20 minutes and I can't even begin to tell you how excruciating the pain was. It was worse than any of my past labors. If my labor and delivery are easier than this was, I'm good to go...if it's worse, then I'm in trouble. My OB felt horrible when he was done and saw me crying and I told him how bad the pain was. He asked why I didn't tell him to stop to give me something but the truth is, I didn't want another epi. He would have had to stop, take me to the OR, call in the anesthesiologist, give me the epi, wait for it to work and then I would have been there all afternoon waiting for the thing to wear off! I'm just so glad it's over.