Friday, October 2, 2009

Third Trimester

28 weeks today and finally in the 3rd trimester! Wow, I never actually thought I would get here but here I am. I had a bit of a rough week with these pesky Braxton Hicks all week. For 2 days I actually started to get them every single time I got up from the couch, which was really frustrating and on Thursday I actually got 4 in an hour which means a call to my OB's office. When I called they were on a 2 hour lunch (nice) so I just drank a ton of water and they slowly went from every 15 minutes to every 30 to every 60 so I just never called them back. I know that I'm doing too much but I can't help it. I work 40 hours a week for my employer (from the couch-mostly), another 20 a week for our business (also from the couch), and am still trying to take care of the house (cooking, some cleaning, etc). We even have someone come in once a month to clean the house but that's still not enough. Rob helps out a ton but he works 70-80 hours a week on the business so he doesn't have much time, and it's just really stressful for me! Anyone that knows me knows how independent (and stubborn) I am and I cannot ask for help. It's a flaw of mine. I'm thinking that I may need to just stop working sooner rather than later, which I think will really help with the stress and hopefully help calm down my uterus a little. If I don't, I have a feeling I'm going to be making several trips to the hospital to be monitored here shortly. We'll see what my OB says when he gets back from vaca on the 12th.

Anyway, I had a peri appointment yesterday and was very curious to see what my cervix looked like after 2 weeks of BH's. Amazingly, it looks the same! He did a couple of measurements that were only 3.5, which is a whole cm less than 2 weeks ago (but still good), but then he said my cervix was a little curved and took a curved measurement and it was 4.5 so he told me not to worry. He then did the worlds quickest ultrasound and showed us his face, his heartbeat and his 'goods' seriously in about 15 seconds and said everything looks great. It's pretty obvious that they are just humoring me at this point, but I don't care. I was told again that I have no reason to come back but of course he asked if/when I wanted to come back again and I just stared at him and said 'uhhhhhh....' so he told me to go ahead and come back in 3 weeks. :) I'll be 31 weeks at that point and he told me after that they REALLY don't need to see me anymore...but we'll see.

As a side note, I had to say something about the comment about me looking so young because it made me laugh. I'm finally so used to it by now . I'm almost 30 and realize that I could probably pass for 20. A sales lady made a comment about 'my prom' when I was wedding shopping. During my last pregnancy I swear I was getting looks like 'oh, look at that pregnant teen'. No joke. So mom and grandma, thanks for the good genes...when I'm 50, I'll probably pass for 30. :)

10 comments:

  1. Shawna-babyshamrok@aol.comOctober 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM

    You go to the Dr. as much as you want!!! After watching my brother and SIL go through the same exact thing as you, I know you need to go as often as you want even if you want to go every other day you go!!! I am so happy to see where you are at in your pregnancy. I wish my brother and SIL would have given it one more try but they say they just can't go through the worry again. As for the BH, with my second pg the BH where constant and EVERY time I stood up, if I walked more than 2 ft they were horrible. So just to let you know it is normal but a pain in the butt and a constant worry. My love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! Third Trimester. That's excellent! Congrats! When will the take the cerclage out?

    I always get the young comment too. I look like I'm 12. But, the I've aged a lot this past year and if you look closely, you'll see my wrinkles. :)

    I just realized I spelled Makenna's name wrong when I posted her butterfly on my site. I'm so sorry. I took it down and am going to do it again. Please stop by and check it out in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenell,

    I am so happy for you! :) 28 weeks - I am so jealous!! :) We are four weeks apart ~ I just hit 24 weeks, which was huge because we lost our little Mallory at 23 weeks. You look great in the pictures! Sorry I don't post very often, but I am definitely still here checking on how you're doing. :)

    Praying for you,
    Jamie :)

    P.S. We're having a boy, too!! After two girls, I never thought we would have a boy, but we have one on the way!! :) I am SO hoping that we get to keep him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the third trimester!!!!!!!! Almost there, I am so happy for you guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Hooray for 28 weeks! I saw that your blog-friend Devon had her baby girl at 31 weeks and all is going well - as well as it can for a little preemie. I hope her experience is giving you some needed encouragement - you CAN do this! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenell - this is Amie from the thyroid board on BBC - I've been wondering how you're doing and praying for you. I tried to send you a note on BBC but your profile is set to private. anyway - I continue to pray for you and your husband and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenell-I'm so glad to hear things are going so good for you. How exciting. Just thought I'd let you know we are expecting again. I just made it to the second trimester! We aren't telling people yet-that's why I didn't tell you on FB. Keep up with the positive thoughts and lots of rest. AND ASK FOR HELP! You have so many people that care about you-now is the time to let them care FOR you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester!! I can't even imagine how relieved you must be. I don't blame you for wanting more frequent check-ups... I would too! Praying that everyone stays healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im soooo happy for you!!! I know that this may sound kind of weired since you dont know me but I have thought about you a lot lately. I hope everything stays the way the are!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Getting closer every day! I check here often to see how you are getting along. Hoping everything stays good!

    ReplyDelete