Friday, May 22, 2009

9 Weeks

So I had a consult and ultrasound today and I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. The baby is measuring great and the heartrate was great and I am assured that there is only one baby! I went to see my OB after the peri and he decided to try and use the doppler to hear the heartbeat, even though I'm so early. He actually said he never tries this early, but since I am "so skinny", we may be able to hear it. Have I mentioned how much I love my OB? I'm pretty sure those words and me haven't been in the same sentence since about 7th grade or so. And we heard it. :)

I have a detailed ultrasound scheduled for June 11th and then my cerclage is scheduled for June 25th, right before I am 14 weeks. I am trying not to be nervous about it, but I am. I have to get an epidural for the procedure (not excited about that) and I'll be at the hospital for probably half of the day. I have to rest after the procedure and it usually causes some cramping and spotting, which is really going to freak me out. There is also a 1-2% chance of miscarriage, but I know that the benefits outweigh the risks for me.

My peri explained things really well to me today. She said if there was a scale on the strength of the cervix from 1-10, 10 would be the woman who had a really long labor and it took a ton of contractions for her to dilate, which means she has a really strong cervix. A 6 would be a woman who bragged about having such a quick and easy labor because she dilated so quickly, which really just means her cervix is a little weak. A 1 would be a woman who's baby literally almost just 'falls out' around 16-18 weeks with no warning (sadly I have friends that have had this happen). She said I'm about a 3. Well, not great, but I guess a 3 is better than a 1.

Here is my 9 week bump. Not the easiest to see, but it's pretty obvious in person. In fact, we went to pick up wine today and the lady asked if we both were tasting, then looked at my belly and said 'oh nevermind, I guess you're not tasting'. Haha...I'm totally showing at 9 weeks.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! We are praying for you : ) as always!

    ReplyDelete