Saturday, December 27, 2014

Our Crazy Life

It's been so long since I've updated and there is so much to share that I don't know where to start! We have been certified foster parents for a few years but have only had short term placements. Three months ago, we got a call for a little baby that we picked up from the hospital! Little munchkin is adorable and we now have his older sister who is only a year old. To say life is crazy is an understatement! We now have four little ones that are 5 and under and I am exhausted. We don't know what the future holds for these little ones but God knows. It is long term though so we are looking at another 6 to 12 months from now that they will be with us. This has honestly been the toughest road ever, physically and emotionally. Sometimes I wonder how I get through each day. Foster care really isn't for everyone, but it is so needed. This life is so short and I want to look back and think that I made a difference somehow. To put others before myself and serve them with love, even when I don't want to. I really wish I knew what the future holds but right now it is just one day at a time!

The craziest of all is that after we picked up munchkin, I found out I was pregnant. :) Honestly, I wasn't thinking too far ahead because of all of my losses but here I am at 18 weeks and not one complication. Absolutely amazing. I feel like God has protected me and this baby so that we can care for these little ones. So hopefully sometime in May, we will have 5 little ones under our roof. So blown away that I have been entrusted these kids to care for. To think that just 5 or so years ago, I wasn't sure I would ever be a mom to a living baby. So if you pray, please pray for us! :)

3 comments:

  1. Prayers coming your way and congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now, and I'm so excited about all your changes! Many prayers coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for years now. I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete