Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nine Months

Milestones:
-His 3rd tooth is here (front)
-Crawls EVERYWHERE nonstop
-Takes steps while supported
-Stood without support for about 10 seconds
-Said "I love you, dada" (Ok, so he didn't REALLY say this but we have 4 witnesses that swear that is what he said, right after Rob gave him a bite of food!)


Benjamin has come a long way in the last month! He went from almost crawling to literally crawling across the house in seconds! It just happened so fast a week after crawling he started taking steps and then a week later he stood on his own with no support. I seriously feel like he's going to be running in no time at all. He also finally got his first front tooth last week so sleep has still been pretty bad. He usually sleeps good up until 1am or 2am and I feed him once and then he just keeps waking up every few hours until it's time to get up for the day. I wonder if he will ever sleep through the night???

So it turns out his nanny didn't start her daycare and decided to stay with us, which I'm really happy about. I was seriously dreading having to start from scratch with a new person and having Benjamin have to get used to someone else.

We just got back from a trip to Utah for business and then to visit some great friends that we hadn't seen in awhile and Benjamin had fun playing with his new buddies. Our friend's kids are 8 and 4 and he really loved them. He really just loves kids! :) That was his second plane trip and he did pretty good. It's great when people leave the plane and tell you how good your baby is. A woman at the hotel came over to meet him at one point during our trip and she thought he was 18 months! I really think it's his height that makes him look so old. Speaking of height, he just had his 9 month appointment and was 20lbs. 2oz. (50%) and 29.5" (85%). 




He just loves to laugh and is such a happy baby...as long as he's gotten his nap. :)



I'll leave you with a picture when Benjamin was 8 weeks, where we captured his first smile and about 8 1/2 months. What a difference!






1 comment:

  1. *big smile* It's a joy to see Ben looking so happy and healthy. Believe it or not I was thinking about him last night before I went to sleep and was thinking, "He'll be a year soon". Which prompted me to check to see how he was doing. He is so beautiful and I am so happy for you and Rob. I wish I could encourage you on the sleep ordeal, but my Nate is 18 months and still wakes up during the nigth *sigh*. It's got to be a boy thing because my girl slept great unless she was teething. Oh well, God Bless and you all take care.

    ~Shay

    ReplyDelete